Old February 1st 05, 08:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Duncan Duncan is offline

Default Desiros on Hounslow loop (was ?Desiro & ?Class 317 length)

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:10:18 GMT, Steve Peake
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:38:27 GMT, Richard J. wrote:

I haven't got answers to all your questions (yet), but I agree it's daft
to have to lock the doors on 4 cars just because the Desiro cars are
very slightly longer than the 455s or slam-door cars. I suspect that
SWT may revert to 455s on the Hounslow Loop once they have been
refurbished,

Well thats the plan, back to the same old **** poor trains, just with a
coat of paint and a few seat covers.

To be fair the work being carried out on the 455 is a lot more than
just a new coat of paint. £67 million is being spent on improving them
including from a passenger perspective completely new seating in a 2+2
layout, which will allow more standing room in the rush hours and more
comfortable seating at off-peaks.

Pictures can be seen at:
http://www.semg.org.uk/gallery/class455_52.html

Duncan