Old February 1st 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default District line dwell times

wrote:
Were the district line dwell times reduced over the weekend? On
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I had trouble boarding on my westbound
journey because the drivers seemed to want to close the doors as
people were still getting off. The carriage number of the train
that this occured on at South Ken at 1710 this evening was 17025.

At South Kensington, there is usually a station assistant on duty at
busy times who raises a white baton to indicate to the driver that he
can close the doors. Perhaps there is an SA on duty this week who is
raising the baton too early. If you see that happening, I suggest you
report the matter to the station supervisor.

In future I will have to ignore the "let passengers off the train
first" and "stand clear of the doors" announcements otherwise I
reduce my chance of getting home at a decent time...

.... and everyone else's too if you are that selfish.

especially with the 10-20 minute wait at Earls Ct

20 minute wait in the evening peak? Are you saying that's a routine
occurrence? On which branch?
--
Richard J.