Old February 2nd 05, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Farewell to the 36 RMs

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Well I clearly cannot have travelled around Central and East London on
Sunday as I did it all by bus and great fun it was too.

When I was training as a guide I always, if there was time, travelled
around by bus as a way of improving my "feel" for London.

All my colleagues thought I was mad.

One of them once used a 24 to get from Trafalgar Square to Victoria and
came back to our lecture that evening really excited about managing to
do this so easily. (When I casually said to him "Oh the grey and green
one rather than a red one?" [1] he was truly *incredulous* that I could
have known that, too.)

[1] That dates the story, doesn't it?

--
Ian Jelf, MITG