Old August 11th 03, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Highbury and Islington Heat

On 11 Aug 2003 01:39:50 -0700 Boltar said...

Actually its not a no no IMO. Ok it can't be fitted to the tube trains
themselves for the reasons we all know, but theres absolutely no reason at all
why the *stations* can't be air conditioned and then this cold air would make
its way around the system and into the trains.

No doubt it will be ruled out on the grounds of costs alone. Some
stations (like my local one, Finsbury Park) haven't seen a proper clean
up & re-paint for years so what chance is there for air conditioning to
be installed?

--
Phil Richards
London, N4