Old February 2nd 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Farewell to the 36 RMs

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
Ian Jelf wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 2 Feb 2005:

When I was training as a guide I always, if there was time, travelled
around by bus as a way of improving my "feel" for London.

It's surely the only way to get to know a city. We always try to work
out how to use the bus network in any strange city we visit, and then we
feel we know the place! Besides which, you see the "real" people, not
just the tourist guides (sorry, Ian!).

No offence taken at all. It's exactly how I feel!

And - quite seriously - I try always to behave with groups in as
unlike-a-tour-guide manner as possible. I try to tell people things
that *I* would find interesting about a place.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk