Old February 4th 05, 01:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Smith Martin Smith is offline

Default Work at New Cross Gate Underground platform

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:21:20 -0000, Martin J wrote:
Does anyone know why the junk yard next to the East London line platform at
New Cross Gate has finally been cleared and some trackside work is going on?
Is this related to East London Line extension?
Thanks,
Martin J.

Well the junk yard was until a few weeks ago a collection of
mostly turkish car repairers, they have all been cleard out and the
area flattened. There has been some trackside work done, cable troughs
have been replaced and some new boxes, presumably for sinalling have
been installed, or partly installed, next time I see anyone working
there I will try to find out what is going on.
Strangley enough some new signalling equipment seems to be being
installed at Shoreditch and I thought that station was going to
vanish witht he extension.

--
Martin