Old February 4th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Solar Penguin Solar Penguin is offline

Default Departing from Gatwick, returning from Heathrow

--- Michael Hoffman said...

Hmmm... If I really wanted to save that 70p I could go to Earls Court
on the Picc, go back to West Brompton, leave the barriers with Oyster,
come back in with my GTW-CBG ticket, go back to Earls Court, and then
get back on the Piccadilly line again to KGX. That seems like quite a
bit of trouble for 70p.

Yes, all that fuss just to be on the right side of the zone boundary and
save a few pence. Yet more proof (as if more were needed!) that the
zones are a bad idea and should be scrapped!