Old February 5th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:47:19 +0000, Brimstone wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:43:54 +0000, loobyloo wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:39:48 +0000, Paul Weaver wrote:

If you dont like your job, hand in your notice and leave. It's not
hard.

What sort of job do you do? I always find the sudden reduction of
my salary by 100% quite an obstacle to leaving a job I migth be
fed up with.

I do a job which I was suited for after going to uni and spending 3
years of my life running up £15,000 or debt. It pays a lot less then
an underground driver, but OTOH I didn't start when I was 18 and end
up fully trained on £30k by the time I was 20. Instead I took the
long expensive road in the hope of brighter carrer prospects in the
future. I also put a lot of free time into keeping my skills sharp
so
I have workforce mobility.

Which doesn't tell us what you do. You're not a lawyer or an
accountant are you?

Engineer

Which is a wide ranging term and has been used to cover anyone from a bench
fitter to the chap who designed the Channel Tunnel.