Old February 5th 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default DLR City Airport extension

Anyone know how 'too schedule' the City Airport extension project is on
the DLR at the moment?

I notice that the Beckton branch is closed all weekend from 7pm last
night to start of service Monday morning for testing on the City Airport
branch - presumbly this is just testing around the Canning Town junction
as I can't believe they've already got the whole line down ready for
complete testing?

If I remember rightly, the Lewisham extension was opened 4 months early
- due to open March 2000 and actually opened in November 1999. Is the
City Airport extension also running ahead of schedule?

I think the City Airport extension is due to open in November this year
- could we actually see it working this summer though instead?