Old February 5th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Departing from Gatwick, returning from Heathrow

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:34:38 -0000, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

If you've got a lot of time to waste you could always get the 726 bus to
East Croydon and use you rail ticket from then on. However it only runs
hourly and takes ages.

Don't. Spend the extra, and avoid the 726. It'll be the best 70p
you've spent.

The 726 seems good, until you are crawling through Kingston squashed
into a tiny seat behind two half-mad pensioners shouting "oo, this
looks like Kingston, Albert" "oo, I don't know Ethel, I think it looks
like Kingston" to each other. You have the choice of putting your bag
on you knee, then wondering why you've lost all feeling in your legs,
or putting it in the luggage rack, and wondering if it will still be
there past Sutton.

I get the train to Feltham these days...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK