Old February 6th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default East Thames Buses

James Farrar wrote:

They're still going strong if their buses on the 185 at Victoria are
anything to go by. I noticed that their legal ownership panel says
they're owned by London Buses Ltd so they may be listed under that
moniker. In any case, they remain the wholly-owned subsidiary of TfL
so perhaps that exempts them from the figures.

Interesting - I thought TfL/LBL weren't allowed to operate buses. How
did this come about?

Harris Bus went bankrupt. London Transport (this was before TfL) took
over their London routes and vehicles.

Didn't the company that ran the 185 route go bust a couple of years ago?

Yes, that was Easylink. IIRC one of the directors embezzled most of
their funds shortly after they took the route over from Connex. This was
far more of a problem because Easylink did not own its buses.