Old February 7th 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi???

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:05:59 +0000, Jason wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:17:31 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On 6 Feb 2005 12:22:30 -0800, (Martin Whelton)
wrote:
Apparently it has been reported in other newsgroup forums that Route
73 is to revert back to being a double deck bus route and the bendis
redeployed on the Route 29

As I said wishful thinking on the part of whoever started the story
although I expect the residents of Stoke Newington wouldn't mind getting
double decks back on the 73.

I'm curious: why do you mention the residents of SN in particular?
What about all the other areas and people along the 73 route?

Well depends what bit of Stoke Newington. I was referring to the Church
St, Albion Rd, Newington Green section where the 73 is the main bus
route. Yes there is the 476 and 393 and yes you get other buses at
Newington Green but a large part of the 73's patronage is from the Stoke
Newington area. Once past Mildmay Park you get the 38 and 56 helping
out. The most vocal complaints have come from Stoke Newington if you
look at the various websites that were set up to save the RMs or else
moan about the bendy version of the 73.

Surely SN has more than one bus service! ;-)

Yes - see above.
--
Paul C