Old February 7th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:16:29 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Osborn
wrote:

No only does MMDDYYYY as a date format make no sense at all but, as it
is used in only a relatively small area, using it anywhere else hinders
rather than helps communication.

I would agree with that.

In work (an American company, in which I frequently work with
colleagues from the US) I tend to insist on YYYY-MM-DD, as it cannot
be misinterpreted, seeing as no-one I'm aware of ever uses YYYY-DD-MM.
It also has the advantage of being easy to sort using simple sorting
techniques, as the significance of the digits decreases from left to
right just like any multi-digit number.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain