Old February 7th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

TheOneKEA wrote:

The folks who were involved with Ladbroke Grove have certainly
minded; they had the memorial erected near the site of the crash
and I believe they visit there on the anniversary of the crash as
well!

Considering that Moorgate was equally as terrible as Ladbroke
Grove, it seems only logical that the bereaved and anyone else
involved in that may want to hold some sort of ceremony. And I
would not be surprised if anyone involved in any of the incidents
you named don't also do something similar, even if it is informal.

I think the survivors and bereaved from the Ladbroke Grove crash will
want to continue visiting the memorial until they feel that the lessons
have all been learnt and solutions implemented. When that stage has been
reached, as it has for Moorgate, then if I were involved I would want to
remember and celebrate the lives of those who died rather than continue
to dwell on the way in which they died.
--
Richard J.