Old February 8th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Brimstone wrote:

"Stephen Osborn" wrote in message
Michael Hoffman wrote:
k wrote:

I use DD MMM which also cannot be misinterpreted.

Unless you speak a language where the months have different names.
Then you will just be extremely confused.

Untrue. Most people who are likely to be in this position (e.g. using
the Internet, working for an international company) speak some form of
English to some extent and so will have some familiarity with English
month names.

Also, with no knowledge of the language involved it is inherent that
01xyz is in DDMMM format and so I can try and find out what xyz is in
my language. 0102 has no no inherent format.

Whereas YYYY MM DD is very easily worked out by people who use any
language and the western calender.

It's also an ISO standard, ISO 8601:

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...esandtime.html

Therefore, if you do not use it, UN black helicopters will come in the
night and take you away.

Incidentally, the ISO wants you to separate the elements with dashes and
to zero-pad, as in 2005-02-08.

tom

--
sh(1) was the first MOO