Old February 8th 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:35:19 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

Whereas YYYY MM DD is very easily worked out by people who use any language
and the western calender.

Assuming you include the separators, which I did, and conventionally
for that format is the - character.

If not, it could mean two things in certain situations, and three in
others (depending on the year).

2004-02-01 fairly unambiguously means the 1st February 2004, as the
separation is clear, and I've never encountered anyone who used
YYYY-DD-MM that I can recall.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain