Old August 12th 03, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

"Neil" wrote in message ...
"James Farrar" wrote in message
Neil wrote:

You don't get another record card when you add any tickets after the

first
to your Oyster.

Also my experience, but surely you should...

It'd make sense given that you get one for the first ticket, although it
would virtually defeat the object of the Oyster card; if they were to send
you a record card each time you bought a new ticket, they might as well send
you a magnetic stripe ticket each time!

What I don't get is that I've just bought a new annual ticket to
replace my monthly. I need the gold record card to obtain my 33%
discount on NR services e.t.c, but they say they can't provide it. I'm
not in a heated debate with LU about why they expect me to send in all
my old tickets for refund of the overpayment.

Talk about bad planning!