Old February 9th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jonathan Morton Jonathan Morton is offline

Default Croxley Link Progress?

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Martin Underwood wrote:
"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

LU have announced that Herts CC have made a 'final' submission to the
DfT for funding for this project. The total cost is £65M (or ws last
year) and TfL is contributing £18M of this.

Is there a map showing the route of the link between the LU branch to
Watford LU and the disused Railtrack branch to Croxley Green? I presume

that
Watford LU will be taken out of use, in the same way that Charing Cross
(Jubilee) is now redundant after the extension to Westminster and

beyond.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about...images/map.gif

Yes, Watford LU will almost certainly be abandoned.

There wouldn't be any point in doing it otherwise. There was quite a good
article on the subject in MR December edition, complete with a half-decent
map. I still don't see how this excellent project can take a further five
years.

Regards

Jonathan