Old February 9th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Epping-Ongar services closer to fruitition

On 9 Feb 2005 09:58:23 -0800, "TheOneKEA" wrote:

umpston wrote:

The bit running through Epping Forest can be beautiful, especially in
the snow (not that we've had much lately!). And the
http://www.eorailway.co.uk/ website says they're planning to build a
new shed for servicing steam locos, so you may get your wish Boltar.

Indeed. The volunteer I spoke to stated that the EORL has already laid
down 10K GBP towards the purchase of a shed structure. However, unless
the DMU was to be push/pull worked by the loco, you're going to need
steam-compatible LHCS as well; this means that more money and volunteer
work is needed to build sidings to store said coaches. Thus, even if a
loco is had, it may not mean that steam workings can resume.

Aren't they going to relay the line so they can use all those Finnish
locos and rolling stock?

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Dick Cavett