Old August 12th 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
spammy spammy is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

"Martin Rich" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:45:18 +0000 (UTC), "Neil"
wrote:

Supposedly everyone who ever needs to read your card will eventually have

handheld reader, although I haven't seen one yet. If they can't check

your
card then they'll have to take your word for it that it's valid, as it's
hardly your fault that they can't read a ticket their own company has
issued!

On two rides so far on Routemasters with an Oyster card (both 19s) the
conductor has just glanced at it quickly. I think they can ask to see
the little printed record card that comes with the Oyster card and
explains its validity.

im pretty sure the documentation explicitly states not to carry that around
wth you unless its a gold card...im not anyway.