Old February 11th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:12:05 -0000, "Rich Mallard"
wrote:

What about National Rail season tickets? I pay about 50 quid less for a
monthly season ticket from Bexley (Z6) to London for a rail-only season
ticket rather than buy an inflated-price Travelcard which I don't need
(carnets fine for occasional tube use, and can't say I can remember the last
time I used a bus). Loss of NR season tickets would mean something
approaching a 50% increase in my monthly commuting cost!

It may well be worth TfL offering a rail-only zonal season, but
whether they will or not is another matter. Similarly, it may be
worth their while offering a Cheap Day Return, but I suspect they'll
go for increased ODTC revenue instead.

In the PTEs, where rail season tickets tend to be controlled by the
PTE rather than the train operator, there are several approaches -
Merseyside do not offer a rail-only season, while Greater Manchester
do. I don't know about the others. It does surprise me, and has for
a time, that despite TfL generally having more control over bus and
light rail services within its boundaries than the PTEs do, that it
has so little control over heavy rail.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain