Old February 11th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

Dave Arquati wrote:
Dave Newt wrote:
James Farrar wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:20:14 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

It's hardly far though - about a 4 minute walk from IC's [1] main
entrance. I used to quite like walking there down the back of
Southside, along the mews, right to the end where you cut
through the archway in the wall, and then turn L-R-L-R down to
where the
Hans Place (?) side of Harrods is.

Another nice walk is via the churchyard at the back of Brompton
Oratory.

I lived in Linstead for a year (lucky me) so that was my favoured
route out, of course.

I'll see your Linstead and raise you Fisher.

[1] I don't work there any more, so I can freely ignore the new
style guide :-)

Ignore Sykes. That's what I do. Save the comma!

To be fair to him, he was always very nice and interested in what
I had to say on the two or three occasions I "officially" met him.
It's the brand implementers who tend to be amongst the most
clueless I find... (and not just there either...)

I've given up caring about the comma... half the people I talk to
outside uni haven't even heard of the place, let alone care about
the comma!

Some of us care deeply about commas, and are trying to work out where
this comma is supposed to go, or not go. How about an explanation for
the uninitiated?
--
Richard J.