Old February 11th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:35:03 -0000, "Rich Mallard"
wrote:

I thought this was mainly because it wouldn't make sense to seperate out the
responsilbities for fragements of services either side of the fairly
arbitrary Greater London/TfL boundary, of which there are many.

Which is an excuse, because all the PTEs have out-boundary workings
which are subsidised within the PTE area.

TfL doesn't have to *operate* the rail services concerned, but there
is a case for them to control ticketing, fares and to an extent the
service level, just like the PTEs either can or do.

Why do I get the feeling it would be so much better if London, paricularly
in terms of transport, was more properly managed as an integral part of a
much larger South East region, rather than being cut-out and divorced from
it.

I'm not sure - I think it'd result in the rural parts of the South
East being ignored in favour of the big city. Their needs are
significantly different, and when it comes down to local rail and bus
services aren't only driven by the London commuter flow.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain