Old February 11th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:20:53 -0000, "Solar Penguin"
wrote:

I agree 100%. I've said it before, but zonal tickets are just a con to
make us pay extra for journeys that we could make (but won't) instead of
paying for the journeys which we do actually make.

I don't think the issue here is zonal tickets, it's modes, or in
particular whether one should need to pay for all modes even though
one only requires a rail single.

In a true joint-tariff system, the answer is yes, you should pay for
all modes, because they all come together to form a system.

As for the fares, yes, I do believe the ODTC price is *far* too
high[1], and the peak travelcard is sickeningly expensive. It's not
the principle that's the problem, it's the price.

[1] I believe that day travelcards for city areas should be priced at
just under twice the single fare for the "main" journey that results
in their purchase. You then get the fringe benefit of extra public
transport journeys that might otherwise have been made by car.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain