Old February 11th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Buses on Exhibition Road

Ashley Brown wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Feb 2005:

[1] Sadly, the bus stop flag outside Huxley building is also behind a
tree, so new Thorpes drivers tend to go sailing past then slam on the
brakes a bit down the road after shouts of "Oi mate, stop!" and "'Ang on
mate, you missed one!".

You mean they actually do that? If drivers on any of the routes I go on
sail past a stop where people might have wanted to get off, they just
say "tough" and carry on to the next stop. It's all right for me, but
for those who have trouble walking, it's a long way back to the
supermarket (which is where this usually happens, as there's often a
delivery lorry parked either side of the bus-stop, making the latter
impossible to see unless you know it's there).
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/