Old February 12th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

"Nick" wrote in message
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

The National Rail fares system is a complicated mess at the moment, and
hardly sets a good example for London to revert to.

Apart from a few anomalies, it isn't that complicated at all

It's complicated in the sense that all journeys are individually
priced. It is thus impossible for someone to sell you a ticket
from A to B without them having a complete database (thick
book or computer disk) of fares from every A to every B. To
be able to sell tickes for a zonal system all you need is a map
on the wall.

Effectively, this means that to buy a ticket for my journey I
have to queue up at the station. Were a complete zonal system
in operation accross all modes, I could just go and buy a ticket
from my local newsagents (as I could for LT journeys).

tim