Old February 12th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default out of zone charges

"Shirley Minkowitz" wrote in message
ink.net...
how come when you go out of zone with your travel card they charge you 100
pounds if it aint in the zone?

the fine is 10 pounds, were there 10 of you.

the rules are here.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...alty-fares.pdf.

I was visitng from belgium where i bought my
travel card and it was for zone 1 only well, we got off in zone 3 and the
old geezer made us pay 100 quid up front it wasnt out fault coz they never
told us in belgium you had to upgrade to go to other zones.?

And I don't know what the ticket system is in Belgium. I presume that
they have fines for travelling out of the validity of your ticket.

What would a Belgian inspector do in this instance?

tim