Old August 12th 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Compensation For Delays

"Robin Mayes" wrote in
:

"Steve" wrote in message

Also, note I did say you will stop
driving before end of shift to travel back to the depot to clock off
rather
then carrying on but ending your shift elsewhere

I did indeed note it. Are you jealous of the working conditions
they've fought hard to win?

So you just ignored it. Next time you go on strike remember that you
are not willing to put yourself out when the service has gone tits-up,
this bloody minded awkwardness you call working conditions is a major
contributor to the longivity of problems following the initial
incident. You can never be called professionals aside from
proffessional clock watchers. Your lack of willing to do anything to
help the organisation get back running epitomises the sick culture of
your organisation.

What on earth gave you the idea I was a train operator, or in fact, in
one of the unions that has gone on strike on LU? In point of fact, I
have repeatedly travelled in, usually by alternative means to ensure
customers are able to get some kind of service with the limited resorces
available. With the level of virtiol venting from your spleen, perhaps I
won't bother next time. BTW, did you use the District line this evening?
If so, it was my volunteering to work that kept the service running east
of Barking.

You think they don't already? Every delay to the train service of
over two minutes requires an incident report. If it's something like
"Operator not available" it requires a list of deployment of
'spares'. I can assure you staff would rather not have to complete
them!

Then they should publish this information. I know, I know, that is
totally against the culture of LU giving out info.

Become an MP, then you'll get the info.

Probably about the same length you need to go to in order to find out when
the next train is. LU seem to be able to use their website as a political
organ shame its not used for explaining their mess.