Old February 12th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Solar Penguin wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 12 Feb 2005:

--- Mrs Redboots said...

Solar Penguin wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 12 Feb 2005:

Not a pleasant way to travel at the best of times.

But infinitely preferable to the Tube!

And yet you'd take the Tube all the way from Brixton, instead of just a
couple of stops from Victoria to Oxford Circus. :-)

No I wouldn't - I suggested you might want to!

Ok... Just to prevent this thread turning into a dull debate on the
subjective merits of Tube vs. single deckers vs. double deckers, I'll
withdraw my original statement and replace it with:

Suppose you want to travel, for example, from Crystal Palace to
Oxford Circus *by* *train* *and* *tube*. Why can't you simply
buy a cheap day return from Crystal Palace to Oxford Circus?
Instead you have to buy a One Day Travelcard for zones 1-4,
which means you're also paying for the flexibility of travelling to
Morden, Mill Hill East, Waterloo, and dozens of other places that
you won't actually visit today!

How's that...?

Still untrue. You can buy a Network Rail ticket & a Tube ticket
separately, there's no law requiring you to buy a Travelcard! Of
course, the former would cost you a minimum of £7.10 return, while the
Travelcard would cost you £5.20 and you would have the option of
deciding to go somewhere else that evening and not have to pay more for
your transport, but hey, it's a free country!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/