Old February 12th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Solar Penguin wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 12 Feb 2005:

--- Mrs Redboots said...

Still untrue. You can buy a Network Rail ticket & a Tube ticket
separately, there's no law requiring you to buy a Travelcard! Of
course, the former would cost you a minimum of £7.10 return, while the
Travelcard would cost you £5.20

Good point. But we're still charged £1.90 *less* for the chance to make
*more* journeys. Or, alternatively, charged £1.90 more for the chance
to make fewer journeys. Whichever way you look at it, it goes against
common sense. Doesn't that indicate that there's something very wrong
at the heart of the system..? Why shouldn't we be able to save money by
not buying those journeys that we don't make?

Perhaps it's like those "Buy two for £2.00" offers at Tesco (or "Two for
£5.00"), where whatever it is, is often too expensive to be worth it if
you only wanted one, but two is a bit much, really.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/