Old February 13th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
DistrictDriver DistrictDriver is offline

Default district, circle and hammersmith and city lines - reorganisation idea

simon wrote:

I propose these services:

4tph olympia-tower hill-hammersmith
4tph wimbledon-tower hill-hammersmith
2tph wimbledon-high street ken
4tph wimbledon-edgware road-whitechapel
2tph wimbledon-edgware road-upminster
2tph olympia-edgware road-upminster
4tph ealing broadway-tower hill
2tph ealing broadway-tower hill-barking
2tph richmond-tower hill
2tph richmond-tower hill-whitechapel
2tph richmond-tower hill-barking
8tph edgware road-tower hill-upminster

Yeah, it's nice to see someone thinking about how things could be
improved, but as has already been mentioned, a lot more C stocks would
be required than are available!

Basically, any of the services via Edgware Road would have to be C
stock, as the D stocks are too long to fit in the platforms (and I
believe they scrape the platforms!). I think there's also a
restriction on C stocks going any further east than Barking, although
I'm not sure of the reasons.

Then you'd also have the problem of training the drivers of the
relevant depots to learn the new parts, for example as a District man,
I don't sign the route between Edgware Road and Aldgate via Kings
Cross, and an Edgware Road driver doesn't sign the road west of
Gloucester Road (including Earl's Court).

Maybe such a re-organisation will come about when we eventually get a
generic stock on the sub-surface lines?