Old February 13th 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default out of zone charges

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:20:28 +0100, "tim"
wrote:

And I don't know what the ticket system is in Belgium. I presume that
they have fines for travelling out of the validity of your ticket.

Dunno about Belgium, but in Germany I recall that the penalty fare
tended to be at least 20 quid. A tenner is really quite low.

(I'd actually support increasing it to be in line with the usual
levels for a parking fine, personally - i.e. 40 quid within so many
days, then 80, then 120, but with the same facility to appeal, as a
tenner is just not a deterrent and the amounts of money being paid (or
not paid) are roughly similar).

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain