Old February 13th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

(Neil Williams) wrote in
:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:07:49 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

[1] it was certainly the case when I used to run the fare computer! It
is possible it has changed as a result of Prestige but I somehow doubt
that LU would have removed that part of the system design.

It's not so much whether the "mastering" system can cope, but the vast
array of 10-button "simplified" ticket machines certainly cannot, and
would all have to be replaced.

Neil

Why couldn't the existing system remain for Cash fares but a distance based
one applied for Pre-pay?