Old February 13th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:20:30 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:07:49 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

[1] it was certainly the case when I used to run the fare computer! It
is possible it has changed as a result of Prestige but I somehow doubt
that LU would have removed that part of the system design.

It's not so much whether the "mastering" system can cope, but the vast
array of 10-button "simplified" ticket machines certainly cannot, and
would all have to be replaced.

I acknowledged this point but if you have any memory of the Tube prior
to zonal fares and I just about do then the old set up had arrays of
free standing single fare machine with huge signs above them saying
which stations for that fare. If you were very lucky you had a machine
with 10 buttons on it. It was the case that the same fare applied to a
number of stations even if there were not zones.

There is no direct reason why the most popular cash fares could not go
on the few fare (10 button) machine and the rest would be on the multi
fare. I don't accept that LU would have to replace all the machines -
after all NR ticket machines cannot sell you a ticket to every station
on their part of the network.

--
Paul C