Old February 13th 05, 04:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:13:19 +0000, Graham Murray
wrote:

Paul Corfield writes:

I acknowledged this point but if you have any memory of the Tube prior
to zonal fares and I just about do then the old set up had arrays of
free standing single fare machine with huge signs above them saying
which stations for that fare. If you were very lucky you had a machine
with 10 buttons on it.

Also, IIRC, there were some larger machines which had a button for
every LUL station.

Well yes but they were part of the Underground Ticketing System
equipment. I was referring to the old stand alone machines in the middle
of ticket halls which printed the yellow oxide tickets.

My first "proper" job with LU involved creating and testing the ticket
machine data. As part of that I had to stand at a machine and press
every ticket combination on the multi fare machines, read out the fare
to the colleague who checked that it was right. You could say I've
bought a ticket from every station to every other one on the
Underground! You got rather sore fingers and arms ;-)

--
Paul C