Old February 13th 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

In article , Paul Terry
writes
We were comparing baked beans to TfL tickets. Annabel rightly pointed
out that Tesco might offer 2 cans of baked beans for 40p when one can
costs 25p. That's not a bad thing - you're saving money!

I've never known them do that

I have. Local geography means that we do most of our food shopping at
Tesco.

Much more common is to offer two bags of veg or salad (or two almost
expired pizzas) for a reduced price. People fall for the offer but
cannot consume that much fresh food before it goes off - so they throw
away the out-of-date goods.

Rubbish. It might be a problem for single people - but you don't *have*
to take the 2-for-1.5 offer - but for families you end up saving
significantly.

And plenty of the discounted stuff is nowhere near expiry, or can be
frozen, or is in small units or is otherwise easy to use up long before
it expires.

Now explain 2-for-1 offers, which our Tesco does a lot of. I can even
point at items where N+1 cost *less* than N. How does this fit your
conspiracy theory?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: