Old August 13th 03, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:12:09 +0100, spammy wrote:
The validators at Stratford didnt work - they seemed to be switched off. The
gates at my destination were open anyway, but on scanning my Oyster they
gave me green (so I assume Id be able to get out if they were shut anyway).

All the validators seem to be off. I expect they will stay that way
until shortly before stored value gets introduced. Of course that
will require validators at all station entrances which still hasn't
happened :-(

Do Travelcard Oysters need to be scanned on exit and entry?

No, but TFL seem to encourage you to do so as it probably helps
their stats.

David