Old February 14th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

John Ray wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 14 Feb 2005:

Mrs Redboots wrote:

I've just checked - it is one ticket now, except on the Balabus and four
other lines, the 221, 297, 299, 350 & 351. Don't know where those run,
but the 3-figure numbers tend to be in the suburbs. And you can't
change bus without another ticket.

Thank you for that. I haven't used a bus in Paris for many years,
because of the (then) ticketing regime, so I hadn't noticed the change.
On my next visit I will try to wean myself away from the Metro.

If you read French, there's a very interesting history of the Paris bus
network on http://tinyurl.com/3rhfv which says, among other things, that
the 1970s were really the nadir of the network, and that they have done
a great deal to improve things since then.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/