Old February 14th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default 02-28-2005 at Moorgate

Dave Newt wrote:
Mrs Redboots wrote:

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 13 Feb 2005:

"Dr John Stockton" wrote in message

.ic.ac.uk

Is that normally pronounced "Ick Ack Uck"?

According to my daughter, yes! She almost wished she'd gone there just
to have such a lovely e-mail address, and envied her friend, who had.
Of course, when her father was there, e-mail hadn't been invented!

Exactly! I spent about twelve years thinking how it would be cool to
have one and then when I finally got one, they rebranded it out of
existence! (They do still work though.)

But if you actually tell someone your email address as "at ick ack uck"
then they have no idea what you mean by "ick" unless they're at Imperial
too (and some people don't know what you mean by "ack" either!).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7