Old February 14th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Dave Liney wrote:
"Barry Salter" wrote in message

Compare this to TfL's fares, where the vast majority of the fares
structure is printed in a 16 page booklet (about the only thing that's
not in there being staff privilege tickets and Railcard discounted
Travelcards).

They don't list the reduced prices for some short boundary-crossing journeys
either. I've also never seen them published online by TfL either. You have
to go to the station involved to find them out, or look in the ATOC's
National Fares Manual. That these reduced fares exist does show that London
Underground realise that a strict zonal pricing system can lead to "unfair"
fares.

I only thought these applied to season tickets until I tried it out. The
short hops allowed are quite reasonable - for example, Gloucester Road
to Holland Park warrants a £1.70 fare, as does High Street Kensington to
Fulham Broadway. I presume they apply if you travel from a station
adjacent to a boundary to a station one removed from a boundary, but
that's just based on those examples. I imagine it only works for hops
across the Z1 boundary too, as other short hop fares will be £1.10 anyway.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7