Old February 14th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:53:00 +0000, John Ray wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
Paul Corfield wrote:

Or simply purchase a Mobilis ticket which is their version of a One Day
Travelcard. You get a form of "ID" card which you keep and then simply
buy a magnetic ticket as necessary. You then date it and write on the ID
card number.

I used one of those a few years ago, but not on buses. It was good value
for the trips I made on the day, and I was surprised that it isn't
publicised to tourists (or not noticeably). They plug the Paris Visite
pass in the tourist literature, but not Mobilis.

I've used both. Mobilis is useful for one-day visits, but I doubt that
most visitors to Paris are only there for one day, so for most
visitors purposes Paris Visite is probably more useful.

The card they *don't* tell the tourists about is the Carte Orange in
its weekly form.

Granted the Carte Orange is only valid from Monday to Sunday (and you
need a photo for the ID card), but the zone 1-5 Carte Orange costs EUR
30,20 against EUR 45,70 for a 5-day zone 1-5 Paris Visite.

A 3-day 1-5 Visite costs EUR 37,35, so as the weekly Carte Orange is
sold until Wednesday, a 3-day midweek visitor would be better off
buying the Carte Orange!

--
Ross, a.k.a.
Prof. E. Scrooge, CT, 153 & bar, Doctor of Cynicism (U. Life)