Old February 14th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:25:37 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:

[...]
A point-to-point bus fare system would really put me off bus use. One of
the things I really liked about buses in London when I arrived here,
versus back home, was an easy flat fare structure. (That and about
twenty times the frequency...)

As an irregular visitor, I like two things: the frequency and the one
day bus pass.

Three-squids-fifty ain't bad when you consider that here in Lincoln
the return fare on my local service from the city centre out to ASDA,
a journey of 20 minutes each way or so, is two-squids-twenty.

The theoretical frequency of most services (practice is something
else) means I can do things without watching the clock, and compared
to the sort of timetables I've gotten used to out here in the sticks,
'tis wonderful.

--
Ross, a.k.a.
Prof. E. Scrooge, CT, 153 & bar, Doctor of Cynicism (U. Life)