Old February 14th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alistair Bell Alistair Bell is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

TheOneKEA wrote:
Greenford East is the closest mainline* mechanical signalling
installation to Charing Cross; once it's gone, there won't be any
mainline mechanical signalling anywhere near London.

Really? I remember being surprised to see semaphore signalling on the
Willesden-Cricklewood line within the past six years or so -- has that
gone now? (I know HEx were planning to use that route for St. Pancras
services, but didn't think any work actually got done on the line...)