Old February 14th 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

"gwr4090" wrote in message

I was thinking of a new platform or track slewing at Greenford (main
line). I think the remaining single line here is the former up fast line
so was not adjacent to a platform. In addition there is no access to the
down platform at South Ruislip from the Greenford direction. Also I am not
sure that the turn back facilities at West Ruislip would be adequate
without further works to avoid any interference with Chiltern services.

Although your other points stand, the positioning of the platform at
Greenford is probably irrelevant since, like Princes Risborough when the
down platform was reinstated, the state of the platform that remains is
probably so poor as to make it impossible to use what is left. No doubt
(like Risborough) water ingress will have caused the mortar to disintegrate
and the the platform walls to bulge. Probably no more expensive to build a
new platform adjacent to the current line than it would be to resurrect what
remains of the old one.