Old February 14th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default district, circle and hammersmith and city lines - reorganisationidea

On 13 Feb 2005, TheOneKEA wrote:

Aidan Stanger wrote:
DistrictDriver wrote:

Basically, any of the services via Edgware Road would have to be C
stock, as the D stocks are too long to fit in the platforms (and I
believe they scrape the platforms!). I think there's also a
restriction on C stocks going any further east than Barking,
although I'm not sure of the reasons.

UIVMM it's because C stock can't go as fast as D stock, so would cause
delays.

I always thought it was a gauging issue at Dagenham East - some part of
the C stock kept getting smacked by a platform edging stone or railing.
I've seen C stock DMs with Upminster on their dest. blinds, so they've
definitely been there in the past.

We went over this a few weeks ago (search for "dull questions about
stock out there, due to some sort of gauge business. However, (a) trains
would have to slow down for the station starter anyway (no idea what that
means!) and (b) the business is now taken care of.

No idea about the speed thing, though. A stock to Upminster, is what i
say!

tom

--
Restate my assumptions