Old February 15th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

Now explain 2-for-1 offers, which our Tesco does a lot of. I can even
point at items where N+1 cost *less* than N. How does this fit your
conspiracy theory?

It gets price(N) off someone who came into the shop intending to spend 0,
but who was seduced by the bargainous cheapness on offer. As long as
price(N) 2 * cost(N), tesco wins.

And more importantly, it means they get your credit card number, which
contains SECRET SOLOMONIC KNOWLEDGE encoded by EXTRATERRESTRIALS working
for the GNOMES OF ZURICH, which they then use to get your address from the
SECRET GOVERNMENT MAINFRAME BURIED UNDER STONEHENGE and pass it on to the
MASONS so that they can keep you informed of EXCITING NEW PRODUCTS AND
SERVICES.

And as for the N+1-cheaper-than-N case: believe me, you *really* don't
want to know.

tom

--
Restate my assumptions