Old August 13th 03, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Problems with Travelcard issued at NR stations

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:02:55 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

The suggested 'workaround' is as follows:

First time you *enter* an Underground station after getting a new
Travelcard, ask to be let through the Manual Gate. When you exit, use an
Automatic Gate.

This is supposed to "fix" the encoding so that the ticket works.

I tried that when I had a wrongly-encoded ticket lat year. The man at
Waterloo underground even showed me the instructions they had been
given to that effect - it even listed which gate numbers to use. It
didn't work, though :-)

After about three goes I finally got the ticket office (Waterloo
mainline) to encode the ticket properly (put todays date as the start
date rather than the original start date) They even have revised
instructions behind the counters at Waterloo but they still sometimes
get it wrong :-(