Old February 15th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Brimstone wrote:
"Aidan Stanger" wrote...
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

I'm going by what I read at
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/s...414821,00.html