Old February 15th 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Costly Projects

wrote in message
ups.com...

Who exactly keeps an eye on how much of our public money is squandered
by the railways, assuming that this isn't going to be private money.
I am used to hearing about stonking amounts of money spent on railway
projects but now we have the £400m ticket hall.

"One of London's mainline train stations is to be given a £400m
revamp.
The Department of Transport is providing the funding for a new ticket
hall at King's Cross Station"

Somebody please tell me that this isn't true. The whole bloody dome
only cost £700m, Wembley Stadium is about £400m.

It's because this country tries to do everything on the ceap tht we've got
the current mess.