Old February 15th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default [OT] 4x4 cars on London streets - 1 attachment

Roland Perry ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

4x4s of the Disco's size do tend to be diseasel, yes - because the
petrol versions are so damn thirsty (18mpg official for the Disco vs
27 for the TD and 36 for the diesel S-class Jag)

So Parkers is wrong when it says the diesel disco is 25-34 (the
previous model being 30-40). This is the smoke of which we spake.

The figures I gave are from Parkers website.

[Although from what I'm hearing, the new Disco seems to have somewhat
crossed the line from "family man's Land Rover" to "poor man's Range
Rover", to its detriment.]

I think you may have your system clock set wrongly - that started about
five years ago.

However, I think you'll find that a good proportion of most "normal"
cars are diseasels now, too. 32.5% of all cars sold in the UK during
2004, and 40% of Mondeos.

That's good news then (apart from asthma suffers, apparently).

Indeed.